2013 Benelli BN600 Review and News
2013 Benelli BN600 Review and News, Italian motorcycle maker Benelli has taken the wraps from the BN600, a brand new middleweight four-cylinder naked bike that could build its public debut in the 2012 Milan motorcycle display, EICMA. Unlike several Benelli’s which are powered by three-cylinder engines, the new BN600 makes use of the four-cylinder 600cc engine outputting 82hp (60kW) at 11, 500rpm and 51Nm at 10, 500rpm.
The liquid-cooled four-stroke engine may be a fuel-injected unit along with twin cams, 38mm throttle bodies, and it is attached to some six-speed manual gearbox via wet clutch. The bike’s innards are held along by an higher metal trellis, lower aluminium plate frame, and also the aesthetic is appealing.
The bike additionally seems to function twin undertail exhausts and a few plastic cladding below the fuel tank for visual flair.
When Chinese-based Qianjiang Group took more than Italian motorcycle maker Benelli in 2005, it was eventually anticipated the corporate might put money into style and development and we’d see variety of recent new Sino-Italian bikes in the marketplace. This hasn’t happened, however the new Benelli BN600 is distinct sign and represents a ‘safe’ choice regarding the bike maker, as middleweight naked bikes are hugely well liked in Europe, Benelli’s primary market.
Suspension regarding the bike comprises 50mm upside-down forks and fundamental rear shock mounted to the ideal from the frame, whilst 320mm radial front brakes seem to remain clamped by four-pot calipers.
The entry-level Benelli naked bike seems to remain an ‘affordable’ model and it is doubtless to remain offered in Australia in late 2013.
- 4 cylinders in line, 4-stroke, liquid cooled , 4 valves for cylinder double overhead camshaft
- 60 kW (82 cv) @ 11500 rpm MAX. TORQUE
- 52 Nm (5,3 kgm) @ 10500 rpm
Benelli revealed its new generation BN 600cc, a four cylinder motorcycle designed for speed enthusiasts. This model features an innovative liquid cooled, inline four-cylinder 4 stroke engine with double overhead camshaft and 4 valves for each cylinder.
The engine also features electronic injection and four 38 mm throttle bodies, delivering a power of 82 hp (60 kW) @ 11.500 rpm and 52 Nm of torque @ 10.500 rpm. Other technical highlights include wet sump lubrication, wet clutch, 6 speeds gearbox and final chain drive.
Apart from its sporty engine, the bike is also offered with a tasty design language and top notch ergonomics. All components are mounted on a solid frame with an upfront steel trestle and an aluminium structure at the rear suspension link. The ride quality is assured by a front upside-down front fork 50mm and a rear aluminium alloy swingarm with rear shock absorber.
Talent, ambition, sporting appeal. Here is the new Benelli 600cc: BN 600, the long awaited four-cylinder bike of the Pesaro-firm arrives to Italy with the aim to satisfy the wishes of the most demanding riders who also pay attention to price.
The heart of the BN 600 is its innovative inline four-cylinder 4 stroke engine, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft and 4 valves for each cylinder. Rough edges, energetic and slender, BN 600 boasts essential, extremely aggressive features. The strong point of this new Benelli is the comfortable riding position, which makes handling easy and agile, allowing the racer to focus entirely on sheer enjoyment. The sound of BN 600 is unmistakably unique, genuine Benelli.
The naked frame is made of an upfront steel trestle and an aluminium structure at the rear suspension link, a guarantee of reliability under all circumstances. Suspension system is made of an upside-down front fork 50mm and a rear aluminium alloy swingarm with rear shock absorber in extension hydraulic and spring preload adjustment to tackle uneven pavements with total ease.
Top quality braking system with front 320 mm twin floating disc and radial callipers and rear 240 mm single disc with double piston calliper. Aluminium alloy rims with 120/70 and 180/55 tyres, which ensure safety even in the most difficult situations, and 15L fuel tank.
2013 Benelli BN600 – International Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing
- TYPE 4 cylinders in line, 4-stroke, liquid cooled , 4 valves for cylinder double overhead camshaft
- DISPLACEMENT 600 c.c.
- BORE x STROKE 65 x 45,2 mm
- COMPRESSION RATIO 11,5:1
- RATED OUTPUT 60 kW (82 cv) @ 11500 rpm
- MAX. TORQUE 52 Nm (5,3 kgm) @ 10500 rpm
- LUBRICATION Wet sump
- FUEL SUPPLY Electronic fuel injection with four throttle bodies ø38 mm
- EXHAUST SYSTEM With two catalytic converters and four oxygen sensors
- CERTIFICATION Euro 3
- CLUTCH Wet clutch
- GEARBOX 6 speeds
- PRIMARY DRIVE 44/82
- GEAR RATIO 1° – 13/37
- 2° – 19/37
- 3° – 18/28
- 4° – 24/32
- 5° – 21/25
- 6° – 24/26
- FINAL DRIVE Chain drive, ratio 14:46
- IGNITION DELPHI MT05
- SPARK PLUG NGK CR9E
- STARTING ELECTRIC
- FRAME Decomposable frame, front steel trestle, rear aluminium alloy casting
- FRONT SUSPENSION Ø50 mm upside-down forks
- FRONT SUSPENSION STROKE 120 mm
- REAR SUSPENSION Rear swing arm in aluminum alloy, rear shock absorber with extension hydraulic and spring preload adjustment
- REAR SUSPENSION STROKE 123 mm
- FRONT BRAKE Double floating disk ø320 mm with radial calipers
- REAR BRAKE Single disc ø240 mm with double piston caliper
- FRONT RIM TYPE Aluminum alloy
- FRONT RIM DIMENSIONS E 17” x 3.50” DOT-D
- REAR RIM TYPE Aluminum alloy
- REAR RIM DIMENSION E 17” x 5.50” DOT-D
- FRONT TYRE 120/70-ZR17 58W
- REAR TYRE 180/55-ZR17 73W
2013 Benelli BN600 DIMENSIONS
- LENGHT 2160 mm
- WIDHT EXCLUDING MIRRORS 800 mm
- HEIGHT EXCLUDING MIRRORS 1180 mm
- PILOT SEAT HEIGHT 800 mm
- PASSENGER SEAT HEIGHT 940 mm
- WHEELBASE 1430 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE** 180 mm
- TRAIL N.D.
- STEERING PIPE ANGLE N.D.
- UNLADEN WEIGHT** 208 kg
- ROAD READY WEIGHT** 220 kg
- PERMITTED TOTAL WEIGHT 370 kg
- USABLE TANK VOLUME 15 lt
- RESERVE 4 lt