2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES Review
Yamaha’s new 2014-model FJR1300ES will have all in The features introduced upon The 2013-model FJR1300A and in fact now gets New, electronically-adjustable Suspension.
In 2013, Yamaha enhanced its “supersport tourer” FJR1300A along together using Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T, a. k. a. Ride-by-Wire throttle), 2 Drive Modes (D-Mode, Touring and Sport), traction Management, Unified Braking System along together Using ABS and cruise Management, among many Alternative upgrades.
The 2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES can continued within the lineup for 2014 with the manufacturer prompt retail value (MSRP) of $15, 890, however alongside it Yamaha will additionally supply the $16, 890 FJR1300ES, ES standing for Electronically-adjustable Suspension.
The ES model will have a fresh, inverted 43mm KYB fork and matching KYB rear shock that could be adjusted for spring preload and damping via buttons upon the left handle bar.
Four settings for preload are offered, and damping may be adjusted 3 ways—Soft, Standard and Hard—to go along together using every of these preload settings. The settings can’t be adjusted independently front and rear, however the suspension settings stay as-adjusted once the bike is turned off and turned back on.
Other when compared to the suspension elements, the FJR1300A as well as the FJR1300ES are the very same. This includes the liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, 1298cc, DOHC inline four-cylinder engine ; five-speed transmission ; shaft final drive unit ; 17-inch wheels ; 6. 6-gallon fuel tank ; electronically-adjustable windscreen ; and 644-pound (646 pounds in California) claimed wet weight.
2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES Engine
- Type 1298cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke 79.0 x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio 10.8:1
- Fuel Delivery Fuel Injection
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive Shaft
2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES Chassis
- Suspension / Front 43mm upside down forks with electronic adjustment; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear Single shock; electronically adjustable suspension: 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS
- Brakes / Rear 282mm disc, UBS ABS
- Tires / Front 120/70-ZR17 radial
- Tires / Rear 180/55-ZR17 radial
2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES Dimensions
- Length 87.8 in
- Width 29.5 in
- Height 52.2 or 57.3 in
- Seat Height 31.7 or 32.5 in
- Wheelbase 60.8 in
- Ground Clearance 4.9 in
- Rake (Caster Angle) 26°
- Trail 4.3 in
- Fuel Capacity 6.6 gal
- Fuel Economy** 36 mpg
- Wet Weight*** 644 lb / CAL 646 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)